Thursday, October 15, 2009

Up on Her Toes

The Performance

The spotlight brightens
The music begins
I'm up on my toes
as I twirl and spin
I jump and I leap
From one side to another
feeling just the music
never any other.
I raise up in pointe
then down in plie
performing what i've practiced
for so long every day.
To dance is my dream,
I can't let it die
for when I do dance
I feel I can fly
The world can disapear
My troubles can cease
For just one moment
I am truly at peace.

A mix of grace and grit, we've been talking about this session since we last met in June. We both wanted to see what the juxtoposition of ballet's beauty and Portland's industrial would turn out like. It is good! Really good. Caitlin you were a trooper as I had you jump, jump, and jump again. I think those boys in the moving van wished they could have watched a bit longer.
I'm hoping to team up with Caitlin and her dancing friends for some more really soon.








3 comments:

Eryn said...

ooooh. Love that last one and the one of her jump!

Shannon said...

oh I'm liking those! the mix is definitely working!

Kelli said...

my favs for sure!

© Site Design by EightCrazy Design