Friday, October 15, 2010

Meet the Kelly's

Some sessions are just easy and this was one of them. When a family can laugh together and smile as much as the Kelly's you know they've got something good. For me, it's the little things that stand out and make me smile - the kids still getting squeamish when their parents kiss, the entire family going to high school football games together, Mom in the background making faces to get Justin and Jen to smile, Justin and Jen smiling at mom in the background making silly faces, Jen staying with Justin while he had his senior pics done, being goofy together. All of it just says "family" to me.

They say a family that plays together stays together.I agree, but I also think a family who laughs together also stays together.

I know there isn't one perfect family, but I also know love and connection when I see it. They might be riding in separate cars or sitting in different sections for those football games, but the point is they are all there together. They have common ground and some common talking points. As parents, Brian and Traci still have a foot in their kids' world. And more importantly their kids like it that way.

Thanks Kelly family for giving all of us with young ones something to shoot for.
















2 comments:

Eryn said...

Don't know why, but this session put tears in my eyes. Love the handholding...you're right, you can just see love :)

Brenda A Stuart said...

Oh my gosh, another home run...I am crying just looking at these. This is an incredible family. I've watched them all grow up! You caught that Nicci. You guys ALL ROCK!!!

© Site Design by EightCrazy Design