Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dads and Daughters

Her dad's on his way to buy handcuffs the minute he sees these. I just know it. I can tell by the way she works those big brown eyes of hers that she has her dad wrapped around her little finger...and her thumb...and her pointer...and maybe even her big toe.

A girl's bond with her dad is a special thing. I adore the times I see my daughter curled up in her dad's arms or her hand wrapped in his. On the way home from a photo session tonight John Mayer's song about dads and daughters came on the radio. I didn't get to grow up in the same house as my dad, but when I visited one of the things I always looked forward to was him telling me how beautiful he thought I was. With all of my ten year old mad beauty skills, I'd curl my hair or put on headbands and I knew the minute I came out of the bathroom ready to go he'd make some big to do. The words were always the same, but I never tired of hearing them. He'd pull me next to him and tell me he had to keep me close to keep all the boys away. And sitting there next to him I somehow always felt like the most beautiful girl in the room.






No comments:

© Site Design by EightCrazy Design